Wednesday 20 April 2011

Moving in

I have been looking forward to unpacking my 'treasures' for over 12 months now, so excuse me if I seem a little excited! I have taken a few photos to share - but be assured we are still in total chaos. I had the picture hanger come yesterday and hang the first of the artworks....bliss!

 This little lady I picked up for a couple of dollars at a local thrift store...


This painting by John Lloyd sits over the fireplace. The pink camellia is the first flower I have picked from our new garden.

These little vases were another local thrift store find all of them for under $5.


Another John Lloyd hung in the lounge. I can picture a little round nickel side table we have sitting under this with a glass vase of foliage....I just need to locate the table!

This Michael White oil painting takes pride of place in our entrance foyer. The builder put an alcove in to create more of a feature. This painting has been in storage for over 12 months and never hung, so I am enjoying it immensely.

Our new outdoor furniture which I picked up for a bargain. The little potted plants on the table are hot pink Impatiens from Bunnings.

 My romantic little door stop.


Some oriental pots in my kitchen. The one on the right I bought new recently and then I found the one on the left for $8 in a vintage store in the Southern Highlands.

Some beautiful Dahlias which I bought from my local 'flower man'. The 'Pooh Bear' book is full of sweet and whimsical 'Pooh' quotations that are a joy to read. For example "It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?"". I couldn't agree more!
The 'cooking corner'of my kitchen.

We are slowly getting there, and I will share more pictures with you as we progress.

Jen

1 comment:

  1. Your Oriental vases are just gorgeous. A great find. Amber

    ReplyDelete